But toot toot! I think I am a pretty darn good wife. This weekend I gave up going to my 10 year high school reunion (Yes, I really wanted to go) so that we could go up to Brooklyn, New York so R. could have a lunch with a South African man about a job in Sydney, Australia. Confused yet? Not only was I willing to make the trip, but I can entertain myself for hours. During R's lunch Taj and I walked around Brooklyn for a few hours and found a nice gourmet grocery store where I picked up lunch, visited a great farmers market, and made our way across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan. In the afternoon all 3 of us met up with my friend Jenn from nursing school for a coffee.


Ok, so it really wasn't that bad. If anything, I love New York City. If it weren't so expensive, I could even see myself living there. I love that there is always something going on and different places to explore. Fun restaurants and great shopping. As Jenn said, it's a city that vibrates at a different frequency...and I like it.
The rest of the weekend we hung out at R's Aunt Nancy's house and enjoyed lunch with most of R's family. It was nice to get to see everyone and show Taj off a little. He continues to grow so fast and is constantly doing new things. Here's our cute little man with his Great Grandmother.
No comments:
Post a Comment