Over the past few months my world has become extremely small. I have become a stay at home mom and not that I don't venture out, but a majority of my time is spent in my house, in my neighborhood, and in this city. So in feeling so limited, I have taken new interests in a few things.
1. I like to find out what's going on (not nosy, just curious) and have recently joined 2 groups on Yahoo, one for Mom's in SE Baltimore and one for people around Patterson Park. It's a wealth of information about where we live that I often update my husband about...not that he really cares.
2.As well, I have no income so subconsciously I think I have become very frugal. It's practically a game for me. I recently changed grocery stores cause I feel like this new one has much better deals. I am clipping coupons. And from the SE Baltimore Mom's listserve I bought Taj a jumperoo for $30. I felt guilty that I have no toys for him so I went out and bought him "a spaceship" as my Dad says, and at a damn good price! As well I recently joined Freecycle in Baltimore where people give stuff away for free. I have yet to do business on the freecycle group, but what is a better deal than free? I guess free and not crap, huh?
3. Lastly, I have become addicted to my new Yahoo groups. I have no TV in my world, just NPR so checking email and checking my Yahoo groups (only 3) take up a small part of my day. It's my distraction to keep me from being productive. Come on, everyone loves a good distraction!
No comments:
Post a Comment