Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm not usually this crazy, it's just Christmas time

Usually I feel that I am good at multitasking. I am pretty good at keeping many things organized in my head, executing them to "almost" perfection. This year, I am literally has been a little bumpy and I think I am out of the running for "Mom of the Year". Actually, I think God made me a mom so that others don't feel so bad about how they are with their babies.

This week I went grocery shopping, as usual, only to figure out that I had forgotten one crucial ingredient for the chili I was making that evening. So I went out to the grocery store for the second time, being sure to stay on task and not buy anything I didn't need. While parallel parking I somehow parked the Matrix in a snowbank on the sidewalk. Couldn't go forward, couldn't go backwards. So I just stopped, obviously. After I got out, I realized I couldn't even get Taj out of the car. So I went inside, grabbed the shovel and moved enough snow to get him out, then placed the carrier on the sidewalk and shoveled the snow packed around my wheels so that I could move my car when it came time later on. My superstar moment came when a Latino guy walking in the middle of the street, speaking Spanish way to fast for me to understand, laughed at me shoveling with Taj chilling (literally) on the sidewalk.


When I came in the house I had to pee so bad. I went our bathroom downstairs only to realize that I locked myself out of the powder room. That's odd. I've watched enough scary movies and America Most Wanted to know that some scary dude could be behind there waiting to jump out at us. First, I got the biggest knife in my knife block. Then I got a flash and did a sweep under the door to see if I could see any feet. That's what the smart ones do in the movies, right? I couldn't see anything but a bunch of dust. I tried to pop the lock, but that was a no go. So I found a screwdriver and took off the doorknob. When I finally got inside, knife in hand, I had no idea why I needed in the bathroom in the first place.

My real prize winning moment was on Thursday while driving home from my mother-in-law's house. I decided stop off at a liquor store to get a few drinks and presents for Christmas. Baby in one arm, 3 bottles of wine in another. When I finally got everything and everyone in the car I realized....I just took my baby to a liquor store and it's not even noon yet. Do other mom's do this?

No comments: