Monday, February 1, 2010

Even Stay at Home Moms get a case of the Mondays

If I am motivated to get up, I will get up fairly easily. Going on vacation? No problem. Going for a run? Slight problem, but I'll get up and be happy I did when the run is over. Every other morning, I like to ease into my day. I don't usually like to talk or be talked to. I like to stay in my own hazy world for a little bit longer and let the fog clear as I go about my routine. Put hot water on for tea (a must), let the dog out, heat up baby food, let the dog in (have forgot a few times), feed the dog and give her a pill, make tea and remember to turn the hot water off, feed the baby, feed the mommy. It usually happens within a matter of 30 minutes with minimal talking cause I am still in my haze. Then after tea and food, I am good.

This morning I was forced to talk and wake up faster than I had wanted. I was awake in the sense of the word that my eyes were open, but before my body fully woke up I had a baby sitting on my stomach who decided that now is the time to start jumping. It quickly progressed to grunting and farting on me. No doubt it's cute. Just not at 6am.

No comments: