Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Long lost Munjals

If I haven't talked to you in the past week or 2, you probably have no idea where we are or what we are doing. I have been horrible at updating the blog in the past month or so, and there have been so many changes.

1. Australia was beautiful and we really enjoyed our 2 weeks there. Taj was a champ flying and while we were there he learned how to crawl. Very fast. So needless to say coming back was enlightening to us and we quickly discovered what was NOT baby proofed. Just about everything. Although we absolutely loved Sydney, we also decided that due to many circumstances with the position, that is just wasn't right for us at this time. Maybe someday, but just not today.

2. So we came home, looked into other options and discussed what we both wanted in our perfect home. R. wants ease to getting to the outdoors...hiking, kayaking, the wilder the better. I want life and walkablility. I want boutiques, coffee shops, a cool library (NERD ALERT!) and playgrounds for Taj that are all within walking distance from my home. After all, I have that here and love it. As you can see, we want completely opposite things. Go figure.

But, we did find a place with all this AND there is a job available AND they flew us out there and we really enjoyed ourselves. So in July we are moving to Missoula, Montana. If you know R. and I at all, I am sure you are looking very confused if not laughing. Missoula is surrounded by mountains and the first night we went for a drive (seriously nothing outside the city) and accidentally drove through Lolo pass (at 5000 feet) to Idaho. Ease to the outdoors, Check!
The next day Taj and I explored the town, about 4 funky coffee shops, awesome downtown with cool restaurants. Check! And although it's not Baltimore warm, Missoula is in a warm pocket and doesn't get as cold or as much snow as the rest of Montana. CHECK!

A month ago we wouldn't have thought that Montana was for us, but after visiting, it really was beautiful and we are going to give it a go. We would love visitors so start looking at your schedules now!

3. Taj turns 1 in a month. Where has time gone? Yesterday, although I don't want to blow it out of proportion, Taj I think took his first steps. I think. It's hard to tell since it was really a foot shimmy on his own. He also ate curried chickpeas (cholay) last night and loved it! His 1/4th Punjabi is finally coming out.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Montana??? So far!!! But, I've never been to Montana before...guess it'll be fun to visit!:)

S&R said...

I would love if you came to visit. You' LOVE the downtown area with a cool fabric store, coffee shops and a nice yarn store too. We can get our craft on

scott said...

I would have been so shocked to find this out by reading it! but Penny told me the other day. I was still shocked though. so exciting!