Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh blogging, it's been too long

 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
So we haven't been the best at updates the past month or so.  Part of me wants to say, "But we've been so busy with the holidays and life.", but I know that we can make time here and there, even if it's a picture or a quick paragraph.  Overall, we are all doing really well!  We did have a week before Christmas in which we were housebound. Taj had 2 ear infections in 2 weeks and we quickly found out that he was allergic to Amoxicillin once he broke out into a crazy rash. (I'll spare you those pictures)  Then we all got a stomach bug, some worse than others.  Thankfully we were healthy for Christmas and made our first trip back east since moving to Montana.  It was great to see so many friends and family during our short week there. 


Taj: Is growing up so fast.  He is becoming more and more a little boy and really admires his Daddy.  R. has been wonderful with Taj and has taken him to gymnastics and just started swim classes with him on Saturdays at the YMCA, which they both really enjoy.  Taj is becoming quite a jokester. He loves hide-and-seek and tickling everyone around him, including Sadie. He continues to be such a lover and freely gives affection in the form of hugs and the occassional kiss.  Since Uncle Sean and Daddy have taught him fist-bumping, Taj has enjoyed giving those to everyone around him as well and alternating them with high-fives. Taj continues to enjoy cars, reading books and has a love for Thomas the Train in which he yells, "Tom!" I know this phase will not last, but it's so cute to see his enthusiasm for a little blue train. 

Taj continues to eat well and loves condiments.  If there is dipping sauce, he is all about it.  One of his new favorite foods surprisingly is pickles.  He is also getting smarter with food than I think we both realize.  This past Sunday before church, R was watching Taj while I got ready and Taj came to me eating a cookie.  I asked R if he had given this to him (cause Momma isn't about cookies at 9am) and he said he hadn't.  Taj had stashed the cookie somewhere in his room and kept it for the perfect time, now!  I am still amazed as to 1. how Sadie didn't get it and 2. that he was that clever.  He was so proud of himself needless to say.

 R: Continues to enjoy his job and much to my surprise, continues to walk to work without complaining, even if it is 5 degrees out.  Thankfully his commute is but a 5 minute walk. He is enjoying Montana and all that it has to offer.  This past month he went up to Lolo Pass on the boarder with Idaho and went snowshoeing with a friend.  He often takes Sadie out for hikes, which she just loves.  Also, he is going ice fishing this weekend with a bunch of guys from church.  I am so glad that dispite the long winters, he is enjoying the outdoors here, but I think we are both ready for spring. There has been snow and ice on the ground since Thanksgiving.

Sar: Our biggest news is that we are expecting baby boy #2 in May, the 27th to be exact. It often feels like deja vu since Taj was born May 8th. I am continuing to love staying home with Taj and have made some great friend in Montana whom I hangout with weekly.  It's nice having other stay at home moms around and I enjoy seeing Taj play with his friends on a regular basis. I really enjoyed making presents during the Christmas season and will soon start to make things for the baby.  I am sadly such a nerd and have really been enjoyed reading books from the public library and their magazine exchange. We also joined the Y in December so I've been enjoying going there to work out every week.  It's a simple life, but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

So greetings from Montana.  It's been so beautiful here as the snow has fallen. We have really enjoy our time here and are always welcoming of visitors.

No comments: