Monday, April 18, 2011

Living for the weekend

 It was nice this past weekend to have R. around. It makes family time that much more special when everyone is together. R. tends to be the type of person that is willing to work hard, REALLY hard, in order to play hard. Thankfully this weekend we just chilled.
One activity we did was participate in The Clark Fork River Clean-Up to clean up trash that is downtown by the river. I enjoyed this because our family frequently takes walks down by the river and it is such a vital part of Missoula. R. uses the river to go kayaking. I go running by the river multiple mornings in the summer time. And my most favortite memory of the river is watching people fly fish from our hotel window when we first visited Missoula.
The river here is much different than the inner harbor in Baltimore. Although the inner harbor is beautiful, it's dirty. I am constantly amazed when we are by the river and can clearly see the bottom almost every time. It's clean and beautiful, and I was happy to be a part of keeping it that way. And an extra bonus was a free lunch and being able to see many of our friends from around town all in one place. Here are some pictures from that morning courtesy of Micah Cryder.






No comments: