Oh give me a home where the Buffalo roam…
We now have a home where bison roam, and deer and antelope play. Today was one of our last days as just the 3 of us (4 if you count the damn dog).
We went to the Bison Range today.
It was spectacular. I know Yellowstone is the true Serengetti of America, but the Bison range is a lot closer for us and did the trick…
2 hours of spectacular scenery and wildlife.
Wildlife count for the day: Bison – too numerous to count, Pronghorn Antelope – too numerous too count,
1 baby black bear, deer, 1 bald eagle, a few osprey, and a pheasant. The pictures of the black bear didn’t come out too good, I stayed in the truck. We never saw the mamma, but getting between her and her cub wasn’t worth a killer shot.
about as close as I was willing to get to a baby bear w/o knowing where its mom was
Out of all the wildlife, its pretty hard to pick a favorite…
I never really felt like my parents played favorites. In the end I realize there were probably a lot of ways in which I was the more difficult child, but I never felt less loved. It’s hard to imagine that because I know how much I love Taj and can’t imagine duplicating it. We can’t wait till BSM is here - I know we will love him too and that our love for him will be just as special.
You’re not supposed to get too close to the wildlife, apparently Bison kill more people in Yellowstone then Grizzlies. But I couldn’t resist.
Good thing mom wasn’t there, she would have really had a heart attack this time. I was close enough that I could smell their breath.
Either that or we splurged on a really good telephoto lens…you decide.
And we couldn’t ask for more perfect weather.
Its supposed to get cold again, but for the last few days we’ve been blest with a piece of heaven on earth, days that last from 5a-9p, 70deg temps, warm breezes, and lots of love to share.
We wrapped up our afternoon outing by driving out to one of the lakes on the Indian Rez…anywhere in the country it would be national park…here it’s a tribal wilderness…no tourists, visitor centers…just wild…
Glacial water is never too cold for a lab
Speaking of wild, our next son should be here any day now…BSM we’re ready for you. (All 3 names are family names, the last one is obvious)
No comments:
Post a Comment