Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stats

FYI... I am typing this one handed because I'm holding Brij. Oh the skills you relearn with a newborn. Today was Brij's 2 week appointment and he's doing great. He eats like a champ and because of that he now weights 8 lbs 15 oz.  Everyone seemed really impressed.  I guess it's normal to regain your birth weight by 2 weeks, but instead Brij has gained a pound and then some. Brij also has grown an inch and is now 21 inches tall...not that he ever shows us his height.  Mainly his favorite position is curled in a ball against our chest.  Also a fun fact is that Brij is going to have a killer outie belly button.  I was worried they didn't clamp the cord right at the hospital because it just looks a little funny. Instead the doctor says his belly button is all based upon how it developed in utero.  According to our MD his is going to be sporting a cute outie belly button for the summer...that is whenever his cord actually falls off.  We are still waiting.

Taj continues  to be a great older brother for the most part.  He has his moments and during these times Daddy disciplines Taj using Thomas the Train language.  When Taj is being "a cheeky little fellow" and not obeying us, R. gets "very cross" just like Sir Topham Hatt.  Silly I know, but Taj responds really well to Thomas. Overall though, he's very quick to help out and shows a healthy interest in Brij.

No comments: