I don't know if I would say I'm living for the weekends just quite yet with my new job, but the past 2 weekends have been so much fun that I just look forward to them so much!
Two weekends ago Sean and Vanessa flew out from San Diego for the weekend. I think it was Vanessa's 2 time out to the East Coast so we embraced all the "green" around us and drove down to DC Saturday to hit up all the monuments. Sunday afternoon we got to show off a cloudy Baltimore and eat at one of our favorite restaurants... Gecko's (fyi: the Bar-B-Que Beef Enchilada is the best)
Last weekend R. and I headed up to good old Lancaster County so that we could run in the Turkey Hill Classic. Unfortunately Rob was sick, so I ran it by myself in 25:00. Not to bad for not really running a lot lately! Thankfully my parents were there to cheer me on, as well as help me gather various Turkey Hill Iced Teas to take home. Nothing like eating hot dogs, iced tea and Turkey Hill Iced Cream at 9AM!
We also hit up our favorite Mennonite store in Lancaster County- Weaver's. Now I know that if you are from Lancaster, you are thinking, "Sarah, there are about 20 stores called Weaver's here." To clarify, it is Weaver's of Fivepointsville. Only in a good Mennonite store can you buy a cast iron frying pan, working boots, a drill and a homemade coloring book of deer. That is just a small sample of the goodness Weaver's carries. Regardless, it is a highlight for us each trip home.
1 comment:
I'll take the deer coloring book whenever...
Post a Comment