Monday, April 27, 2009

Within the week a new Munjal should be here!

We are not just counting weeks, we are down to days now. The whole thing is just very surreal to me. I can handle taking care of a plant. I've had a dog for 4 years and she's turned out somewhat well. Can I really handle a baby? I know I can, it's just doing it. I am just really selfish and don't want to completely stop my life. (Hence going out for Happy Hour at Little Havana's on Friday- had an ice tea, not a mojito)

This weekend was a little rough. I was determined to get out and walk on Saturday in the woods, and it's been hot here which has been wonderful...but the heat and walking sure took it out of me and I needed a nap afterwards. Then Saturday night I just didn't sleep well at all. Baby Monsoon was resting in an odd position in my pelvis that made sleeping hurt more than normal...so I got up at 5 am, came down to the basement and sat on my big therapy ball while watching The Office on our computer. And of course had my sidekick Sadie there to provide me company through the uncomfortable times (R. was sleeping by the way, but that was ok with me). I've also been having more Braxton Hicks contractions which I know aren't the real ones, but they are NOT absolutely comfortable contractions either. Usually I need to change positions or slow down when I have them and I definitely notice them a lot more frequently. Hopefully baby Monsoon comes sooner than later!

No comments: